How it works
Class members develop a concept for a project or organization over a 10-week period. Each week they receive specific direction about Fundraising, Community Relations, Volunteer Recruitment, Finances, Marketing, and other categories that are vital to a successful organization.
Each class has a guest speaker who is considered an expert in their field. Past LDS guest speakers have included:
- Ron Forman, CEO of Audubon Institute
- Paul Pastorek, Louisiana State Superintendent of Schools
- Julia Bland, CEO of the Louisiana Children’s Museum
- Doug Thornton, regional head of SMG
- Clancy DuBos, editor and co-owner of Gambit Weekly
- City Councilwoman Stacey Head.
How Do I Apply?
Class members of LDS are selected through an application process. Selection and class membership are both an honor and a responsibility. If selected to participate, class members must pay a tuition fee $100 which covers all program costs and materials. Class members must also be a current YLC member. The application period for the 2017 Young Leadership Council (YLC) Leadership Development Series is now open!