How it works
Class members develop a concept for a project or organization over a 10-week period. Each week they receive specific direction about Fundraising, Community Relations, Volunteer Recruitment, Finances, Marketing, and other categories that are vital to a successful organization.
Each class has a guest speaker who is considered an expert in their field. Past LDS guest speakers have included:
- Ron Forman, CEO of Audubon Institute
- Paul Pastorek, Louisiana State Superintendent of Schools
- Julia Bland, CEO of the Louisiana Children’s Museum
- Doug Thornton, regional head of SMG
- Clancy DuBos, editor and co-owner of Gambit Weekly
- City Councilwoman Stacey Head.
How Do I Apply?
Class members of LDS are selected by an application process. Selection and class membership are both an honor and a responsibility. If selected to participate, class members must pay a tuition fee $100 which covers all program costs and materials. Class members must also be an current YLC member. The application period for the 2016 Young Leadership Council (YLC) Leadership Development Series is now open!