YLC Membership Data Intern
Deadline: Thursday, September 6
Young Leadership Council (YLC) is seeking a talented and energetic individual to fill the role of Membership Data Intern. The individual serving in this unpaid position will work alongside YLC’s staff and volunteer leadership and will report to YLC’s Communications & Engagement Manager. The intern will assist with coordinating data input and reporting for YLC’s membership, fundraising, and financial systems. As part of a fast-paced office environment, the intern will gain valuable knowledge in the fields of project management, data entry, reporting, and other important skills vital for today’s nonprofit professionals.
Summary of Intern Responsibilities
- Accurately record data for every aspect of the organization, including:
- Donations, sponsorships, and other forms of revenue
- Individual and Corporate Memberships
- Any other data entry needs assigned by the staff
- Assist with prospect research for YLC Corporate Memberships and sponsorships, as needed
- Collect reporting requests from staff members and provide data
- Assist with any other tasks assigned by the staff as needed.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
Ideal candidates for this position:
- Are comfortable and have experience using CRM and/or donor management database systems. Experience with the following systems a major plus:
- Raiser’s Edge
- Digital Cheetah
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Have excellent business acumen and are comfortable with communicating via email, phone, and in-person with prominent New Orleans businesses and nonprofits.
- Are well-organized and possess excellent time management skills.
- Have a professional mindset and understand the importance of communication in collaborative work environments.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of communications principles and/or non-profit management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of YLC’s principles, mission, and community projects.
- Are experienced with working in all Microsoft Office programs (especially Excel).
Duties and Expectations
The intern is expected to:
- Perform a minimum of 10 hours of work per week for tasks assigned throughout the duration of the internship. The intern must work on-site at YLC’s office located at 1840 Euterpe St.
- Have access to a vehicle for regular transportation to and from the YLC office
- Report to supervisor on a weekly basis (or more often as needed)
- Attend meetings or trainings that are necessary to perform assigned tasks
Compensation and Academic Credit
This is an unpaid internship, with the intent to provide invaluable professional experience for those wishing to develop their careers in non-profit and/or communications-related fields.
Hours worked for YLC in this position may be eligible for academic credit, particularly for degree programs that have internship requirements. Any academic credit sought for this internship is the sole responsibility of the intern and must be coordinated with the higher education institution of the intern’s choosing.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Ryan Kreiser at email@example.com no later than September 7, 2018. Please include “YLC Membership Data Intern” in the email subject line. Once your materials have been received, you will receive email confirmation. No phone calls, please.