New Orleans, LA – The Young Leadership Council (YLC) is thrilled to announce its annual Role Models Celebration at the Sazerac House on October 6, 2023. The evening will start with a special patron cocktail hour at 6 p.m. and lead into the award presentation at 7 p.m.
Each year, YLC meticulously selects Role Models who embody community unity, exemplary leadership, and an unwavering desire to enhance the quality of life in New Orleans. This year’s recipients shine a spotlight on the outstanding work and service alive and thriving in New Orleans. Their stories, dedication, and actions underscore the very spirit of volunteerism and service that pulses through the heart of our city.
YLC 2023 Role Models honorees include:
- Davon Barbour (President & CEO, Downtown Development District)
- Rashain Carriere-Williams (Executive Director, Boys Town Louisiana)
- Tiffany D. Delcour (Chief Operations Officer, New Schools for New Orleans)
- Kathy R. Hebert (Owner, KRH Consulting LLC)
- Deacon John Moore (Musician, Deacon John & the Ivories)
- Rachel G. Shields (Chief of Staff, Greater New Orleans, Inc.)
- Scott Sternberg (Managing Partner, Stenrberg, Naccari, and White)
- Ron Stone (Senior Corporate Relations Advisor, Shell)
- Isaac Toups (Chef & Owner, Toups Meatery)
- Melissa A. Weber (Curator, Hogan Archive of New Orleans Music & New Orleans Jazz, Tulane University)
“These awards are not just mere recognition. They symbolize the deep-rooted love and compassion our community leaders have for their neighbors and the city of New Orleans,” said Olivia Mertensmeyer Alexander, Role Models Co-Chair. “Every dedicated act of service by our Role Models demonstrates the capacity of individuals to ignite change, create ripples of inspiration, and establish bonds that drive us towards a united, thriving, and better New Orleans.”
The Role Model Celebration promises to be an uplifting event, inspiring attendees to look within themselves and ask how they, too, can contribute to the betterment of our community. Over the years, the honorees have given testament to the resilience, dedication, and spirit of New Orleans.
YLC extends its warmest invitation to the city to join in celebrating this year’s extraordinary individuals and the impact they’ve made. As a fundraiser of YLC, this event is ticketed, with all proceeds going toward community programs that support and empower young leaders in New Orleans. Award presentation tickets are $75, and patron party tickets are $100. The event dress code is cocktail attire. More information about the event and this year’s honorees can be found at ylcnola.org/role-models.