Joining the Board
Passionate, committed, and proud to call New Orleans home, our Board of Directors serve to create a legacy of young leadership that will last for years to come.
Applicants should meet the following qualifications:
- Are active, dues-paying YLC Members
- Have demonstrated extensive civic and community engagement
- Have served YLC in a previous capacity as a board member, project leader, committee member, or volunteer
- Have been actively involved with YLC in the last 12 months
- Are between 21 and 42 years old
Applications are now being accepted for the 2019 Board of Directors. Submissions must be received by Thursday, August 2.
Prepare to Apply
Find Your Role
There are a wide variety of unique roles available to YLC board members! These include:
- Vice President – Communications
- Vice President – Development
- Vice President – Membership
- Vice President – Projects
- Secretary/General Counsel
For detailed descriptions of these opportunities and the various qualifications for each, we recommend that applicants review the 2019 Board Information Packet. This information will be covered at YLC’s Board Information Session on Thursday, July 12.
All applicants to the Board of Directors are encouraged to review YLC’s Organization Documents, including its Articles of Incorporation, Audited Financial Statement, Bylaws, Board of Directors Statement of Commitment, and more. These documents will help you familiarize yourself with YLC, its mission, and strategic plan.