YLC Membership Benefits
Young Leadership Council offers an opportunity for young professionals to dedicate themselves to civic engagement. Our mission is to build young professional leaders through community service. We accomplish this through many community service projects which are run entirely by our volunteer-led board, committees, and project leaders. YLC focuses on initiatives that improve the quality of life in the Greater New Orleans area and hope you’ll join us in pursuing our mission while leaving your individual mark.
As a member you receive….
Exclusive Career Development Programs
Follow one of the links below to learn about YLC’s career development programs that are exclusive to YLC members!
Leadership Development Opportunities
Serve on a YLC Committee
- Increase your impact beyond volunteering by helping to steer the direction of our programs and inner workings as an organization. Committees Include: Finance, Membership, Projects, Development, Legal and Personnel.
Serve as a Project Leader
- Have a direct role in the future, sustainability and impact of a YLC project. Serve within the community and feel an immediate reward for your dedication.
Serve as a Board Member
- Take your civic engagement and leadership development to the highest level by serving on the YLC Board of Directors. Help to create a legacy that will last for years to come.
Fun Social & Networking Opportunities
Want to meet new people? Looking to try a trendy new bar? Interested in networking and making new connections? The YLC hosts happy hours once a month at hot new venues around town. Members receive discounted drinks and the bars often donate a percentage of proceeds back to the YLC. Join us and maybe discover your new favorite stomping ground!
Every quarter, the YLC hosts 3-course “Leadership Luncheons” at popular CBD restaurants. Prominent keynote speakers discuss their leadership experience and deep ties in the New Orleans community. Speakers have included Mark Romig (New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation), P.J. Morton (keyboardist for Maroon 5), and Dana Henry (Stand for Children) and Brett Patron (610 Stompers’ Founder), and many more!
The YLC hosts a variety of additional membership events throughout the year, including the YLC Role Model Gala, the annual Holiday Party, plus special workshops and professional development opportunities. We routinely hosts informative panels on topics such as financial literacy, first-time home buying, and building your personal brand, and leading others in the workplace. YLC members receive either exclusive access or discounts to these great opportunities.
YLC Corporate & Institutional Member Benefits
- Unlimited memberships for your team for 1 year
- Logo placement on YLC website
- Early access to exclusive community engagement opportunities through YLC projects
- Priority notification for signature event sponsorships